Millfield School is one of the UK's leading co-educational independent schools. It is a centre of excellence for academic study, sport and the Arts, and we believe in providing a fully rounded education for our students.
By providing young people with diverse experiences and opportunities, we not only help build their confidence and maturity, but enable them to grow into thoughtful, flexible and resilient young adults capable of meeting the challenges of the 21st century.
We believe that every child has the right to achieve their potential. That’s why we work hard to create a learning and social environment in which they are supported to overcome their weaknesses, encouraged to make the most of their strengths and individually nurtured so they can flourish.
Millfield's size (we have approximately 1200 pupils) is our strength as it enables us to offer a diverse range of activities and outstanding facilities. Whilst a large school can at first glance feel daunting, we ensure that each student receives a tailored programme and this is achieved by the creation of small units of teaching and tutor provision. The average number of pupils in a class and in a house tutor group is twelve and similar small sizes apply to the variety of sports, clubs and activities on offer to pupils.
What you can expect from us
- A warm welcome for children of all abilities
- Dedicated and inspirational teachers
- Small classes offering the individual attention that pupils need
- A rich and varied curriculum to suit a range of interests and abilities
- A warm, personalised approach to pupils' learning and welfare managed by our experienced team of tutors and house parents
- Outstanding exam results and intellectual rigour
- An unrivalled choice of extra-curricular activities
- Opportunities for all children to enjoy the personal, social and health benefits of being involved in sport
- Opportunities for all children to express their creativity through involvement in the Arts
- Outstanding facilities which enable our staff to deliver exciting learning experiences and provide every opportunity for pupils to develop their talents, whatever they may be.
ISI Inspection Report
To see Millfield's Independent Schools Inspectorate report click here.
Building firm foundations
Students of Millfield have gone on to prestigious institutions such as Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge and other acclaimed universities in the Russell Group. They have also built successful careers in all walks of life. However, in addition to preparing our young people for university and the world of work, we hope we can also help them on their way to enjoying happy, healthy and fulfilled lives.