How we will use the information provided in this form
This information will be used by the school during the admissions process in order to manage and assess your application and your child's suitability for a place at the school. I/We understand that the school may:
1. Contact the child's current or previous school to ask for a reference.
2. Contact other people with parental responsibility to check that they consent to your child joining the school.
3. Ask for information about a court order to establish details of people with parental responsibility and any restrictions.
4. Confidential information will be used to assess special educational needs, learning difficulties or disabilities to ensure that we have made any reasonable adjustments/suitable arrangements for your child when they visit the school or during any entrance assessments and subsequently if they are offered a place.
5. Share your information with credit reference agencies.
6. Contact your child's current and/or previous schools for confirmation that all sums due and owing to such schools have been paid.
7. We may also need to share information with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and the Home Office for the purposes of compliance with our responsibilities as a licenced sponsor.
8. If your child is not offered a place, or if you do not accept the offer of a place, we will only retain this information for as long as we need to. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, information is kept for a year after the end of the admissions process.
9. For more information about how the school will use your information, please see our Privacy Notice which is published on our website. If your child is aged 12 or older please show him/her a copy and discuss it with them.
Once this form is received we shall contact your child’s current Headteacher to request a confidential reference. If you have any concerns regarding this, please contact us to discuss further. We will invite candidates for interview, and academic assessment once the reference has been received.
We will contact your child’s current and/or previous schools for confirmation that all sums due and owing to such schools have been paid.