Hiring Cleaning Staff Now
With 165 cleaning staff working across Millfield, in Street, and Millfield Prep, in Glastonbury, we have permanent contracts starting from as little as 2 hours per day. Flexible work patterns, which can work around child commitments and/or partner's jobs, full training given and uniform provided.
Dave and the team look forward to welcoming you.
Find out about Boarding House Cleaner roles and Facilities Cleaner roles below:
Millfield just couldn't function without our highly valued cleaning teams.
Boarding House Cleaner
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that the Boarding Houses are clean, tidy and hygienic. You may be asked to perform tasks which are more similar to that of a Housekeeper from time to time.
Daily Cleaning Routines: cleaning communal areas, kitchens, toilet areas, showers, and laundries and bedrooms.
Weekly Cleaning Routines: de-scaling bathrooms, wiping ledges, sills and pipework, polishing.
Monthly: Glass cleaning and dusting.
General: Additional tasks such as helping with laundry, packing or emptying trunks, preparing for House functions.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that a particular facility is cleaned to a set standard.
Quality Control: Meeting standards of cleaning, equipment kept clean and in good working order, using correct cleaning products.
Stock Control: Checking cupboard/store stock weekly.
Security/Key Control: Securing areas and returning keys.
Health & Safety: Comply with Hygiene, Health & Safety and COSHH, adhere to School regulations, reporting of accidents and hazards, maintaining a professional image.
Additional Duties: May include carpet cleaning.
Benefits of working at Millfield
- Great rates of pay, paid holiday and pension contribution.
- Flexible work patterns.
- Friendly atmosphere.
- Use of our fabulous facilities, including gym, swimming pool and sports/leisure facilities.
- Generous Holiday of 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Subsidised lunch.
- Discount on Millfield Enterprise holiday courses.
- Casual dress during school holidays for office staff.
- Friday evening staff bar with subsidised drinks.
- Staff events including Christmas parties and end of term celebrations.
- Retail savings via LifeWorks Employee Assistance Programme.
- Option to participate in the cycle to work scheme.
- Free parking.
- Free tea, coffee, biscuits and fruit.
Interested? What to do next.....
Please contact Kate via email, with your name and telephone number, to request an informal chat about our cleaning roles on Duszynski.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Decided you want to apply? Download the application form below, fill it in and email your completed form back to Kate.