Hiring Lifeguards now
We employ around 20 Lifeguards to ensure the safety and welfare of our swimmers at our Olympic-sized 50m pool at Millfield, in Street, and our 25m pool at Millfield Prep, in Glastonbury, many of whom are Sixth Form students from the local area. This role offers flexible hours, great rates of pay and benefits, and Lifeguarding is a fantastic qualification to have on a CV.
Oliver and the team are looking forward to welcoming you.
Summary of the Lifeguard Role (job title is Leisure Assistant - Swimming Pool)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To assist in the day to day operation of the Pools.
To ensure that all equipment is erected and dismantled on time.
To hold an RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification - training provided.
To supervise the swimming pool to ensure the safety and welfare of all users in accordance with the company’s Swimming Pool Operating Procedure (PSOP).
To attend staff training every month for a minimum of 2 hours.
To operate on a shift basis as a member of the Lifeguard Team, incorporating evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as required to effectively cover Millfield School Pools.
To maintain the standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Centre at all times.
Maintain a high standard of customer care.
The full job description is available below.
Benefits of working at Millfield
- Great rates of pay, paid holiday and pension contribution.
- Flexible work patterns.
- Friendly atmosphere.
- Use of our fabulous facilities, including gym, swimming pool and sports/leisure facilities.
- Generous Holiday of 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Subsidised lunch.
- Discount on Millfield Enterprise holiday courses.
- Casual dress during school holidays for office staff.
- Friday evening staff bar with subsidised drinks.
- Staff events including Christmas parties and end of term celebrations.
- Retail savings via LifeWorks Employee Assistance Programme.
- Option to participate in the cycle to work scheme.
- Free parking.
- Free tea, coffee, biscuits and fruit.
Interested? What to do next.....
Please contact Bridget Lock via email, with your name and telephone number, to request an informal chat about our lifeguarding roles on email@example.com. (During the Christmas period, there may be a delay in Bridget responding but rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible).