Learning Development Centre
"A major feature and strength of the school"
The Learning Development Centre (LDC) is an integral part of Millfield Prep and has been identified by the Independent Schools Inspectorate as "A major feature and strength of the school, where pupils are supported and encouraged to develop an independent learning spirit".
- To ensure all children are given a vast array of opportunities.
- To ensure access to highest quality pastoral care - nurturing is high on our agenda and we very much encourage children to be kind, considerate and mindful of the needs of others.
- To ensure children feel happy and supported, such that they can grow in self-esteem and confidence.
- To treat every child as an individual.
- To put the child at the heart of everything we do.
- To create opportunities for every child to discover their individual talents and potential, be it in the classroom, on the stage or on the sports field.
- To focus on raising the aspirations and expectations of our pupils and ensure that we enable them to achieve their full potential in relation to these.
The LDC is staffed by specialist and experienced dyslexia teachers, in a centre which is right at the heart of the school.
Early intervention and tracking procedures enable each pupil's needs to be met. Understanding of the whole child and their strengths allows the correct interventions and enabling environment, to ensure the best possible pupil outcomes and success.
The Learning Development Centre works together with parents, the pupils and the teachers in the school, to ensure that everyone is aware of an individual’s strengths and how to create the best environment for their learning.